Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Travels

I made a trip down to Texas earlier in the week. On Tuesday, my brother and I had breakfast at the McDonald's near my university. While we were enjoying our food, a well-dressed woman walked by, and she was packing heat--a handgun holstered to her torso.
That's my kind of woman. Only in Texas.

Some buddies and I are planning to take a road trip next week. Originally, we wanted to go to Yellowstone but then decided it was too expensive and too far. That kicked off a long series of setbacks: We made plan after plan, only to have them quickly unravel. Currently, we're only scant days away from departure, and without a clear plan, much less a destination.
So: Any input? Basically, we don't want to travel more than 2500 miles (unless flying), and we'd like to be able to do the trip without consulting a loan shark or auctioning of our kidneys on ebay.
Those are your criteria, ladies and gentlemen: Do your best.

3 Comments:

Blogger ann said...

Grand Canyon!!! I want to go there!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Mark and Kelly said...

Camping overnight in the bisti badlands of New Mexico. I've always wanted to go check it out!

http://www.newmexico.org/place/loc/destinations/page/DB-place/place/617.html

Matta ne,

Mark

12:14 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Just so you know for the future, it's actually illegal to sell human parts on eBay. ;-)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home