Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Salt of the Earth

I've spent the past 3 weeks in Australia, mostly around Sydney. It's been great. My good friend Travis has been my guide and traveling "mate" (in the words of the locals). Travis grew up in Australia and then lived (t)here again after college, for about 2 years. So he's well-connected.

So far, I haven't seen the inside of a single Australian hotel, and I don't expect to. What I have seen is the inside of many Christian homes. The hospitality I've received has been amazing. As a "squatter"--as Travis and I term ourselves--I've given very little to these wonderful Christians: Mine has been the role of receiving. So on behalf of these wonderful people, let me offer a small bit of praise: My witness that they are and have been worthy of Christ's claim--"you are the salt of the earth."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Graumann said...

Pete,
I've been checking your website regularly just to make sure that you and Travis are still alive.
I'm glad to see that you are, and that those Aussies are taking great care of you both (of course, there is no doubt that they would).
Be safe on your travels back to Japan and then the U.S.
I'm praying for you both!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home