Friday, September 21, 2007

A New Day

I guess the recent demise of my blogdom can largely be accounted for by three factors: 1) I've had nothing to write, 2) I have been forced to write immense amounts in other genres (like the every-pleasant genre of "research paper"), and 3) I have been too busy with other, less-web-based interactions, like actually hanging out with people. Nevertheless, some of my dear friends in OK have convinced me not to give up on this blogging thing, so here I am back and better than ever. As Mark Twain would say, "Reports of my [blog's] death have been greatly exaggerated."

I think I've figured out one way for me to continue this blog thing without devoting an egregious amount of time. Inspiration comes in unexpected places. Every morning I awake with a song in my head, usually a different song, from what I can tell. I have no idea how the song gets there: It frequently is a song I haven't heard in months or even years. Nonetheless, there it is lodged firmly, sometimes intractably, in my mind. Let the chronicle begin:

Thursday (9/20)--Cold Day in July, by the Dixie Chicks (yeah, I have no idea)
Friday (9/21)--Elevation, by U2 (great way to start a day)

I'll keep you posted!

5 Comments:

Blogger kteachjoy said...

Wow. I really didn't think I'd see the day when I would read another of your posts. I had stopped checking for quite some time. I'm glad we Okies still have some slight pull. I hope to talk to you soon!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Naomi said...

Hey. I just stumbled my way unto your blog, and thought I'd comment. Just a little "Hey, people still like blogging" shout-out!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be genetic?
Or might it be environmental?

I have the same condition.

Dad

5:32 PM  
Blogger ann said...

Yay Pete! Welcome back. :) Elevation will always be associated with you in my mind. It was the first U2 seed you planted in my heart. :)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yikes! ANOTHER Peter Rice?
- Peter
ricepeter@yahoo.com

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home