Monday, November 06, 2006

Holiday...

I'm just on the outside cusp of the point in the semester where I begin to yearn for the holidays in earnest. I'm not yearning just yet, please understand, but I'm close. Very, very close. And I don't usually yearn for things, just so you know.

I tell you this for 2 reasons: It's exciting, and I have nothing else to post about.

Here are some of the things that I'm looking forward to about the holidays:
-Time with family and old friends.
-Watching football while being harassed by hostile females rather than hostile homework.
-Good food!
-Blake and Travis' revamped Christmas Music Album. (I expect to see some Mr. Rogers-ish photos on those album covers, boys.)
-Presents (giving and receiving)
-An end to the old semester, and anticipation of the new
-A chance to read for fun
-Christmas--the season, the lights, the spirit, the attitude (I hope)
-Playing ball with my nephews, and maybe their dad and granddad too
-The bracing cold, faintly promising something better... white and soft
-Sabbath

It's close, people, it's close. Just two more weeks of classes... God bless!

3 Comments:

Blogger Maddux said...

I don't yearn for much in this world, but I'm yearning for the new Travis and Blake Christmas album to come out myself. I'm looking forward to some good times with the family too!

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I just noticed that you left your blog in Japan. At least that's what your profile says. Maybe that's why you have trouble getting (around) to it.

Whatever, I enjoy your thoughts.
Dad

9:10 PM  
Blogger kteachjoy said...

I look forward to some reading for pleasure myself. It is hard to do with such a heavy class load, isn't it? I look forward to visiting with you over the break. Hopefully our paths will cross before you have to head back to Texax.

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home