Sunday, November 06, 2005

Praise Ye the Lord

Praise God!

Sometimes I forget to do what is so vital and so natural--praise the Father. Yesterday Travis A and I went to Tokyo and took the GRE. We both did well--good enough to get into good schools with a little bargaining room, but (hopefully) not so well we'll stumble into pride. Praise God! Such a simple thing--a mere multiple choice test (with a few essays on the side)--can be so stressful. Now it's finished, and one more hurdle in the way of "the next step" has been cleared. Now I can begin the process of marketing myself to grad schools. Great...

If you know me or just feel inclined, nudged in the spirit perhaps, then please offer up a prayer on my behalf for guidance, wisdom, and success. (No, I don't think it's necessarily wrong or misguided to pray for success, depending of course on one's definition of "success.") Hey! Don't just nod and smile: Really do it--take my name before the Lord!

And if you're not wasting away in the pit of despair, then praise a little while you're at it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

A prayer is sent for you. So what will be your focus at grad school?

7:33 PM  
Blogger Peter Rice said...

Mada kimenai, Paul. I haven't decided yet. I have about a million different areas I'd like to study eventually, but the immediate future will probably be either Bible/theology or philosophy.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Congrats Peter!
I too know the relief of finishing the GRE... and the choices that follow. Take courage my friend!
Godspeed in decision making.

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home